Guidance Counsellors: Ms. Anne Carroll & Ms. Ciara Kenny
Guidance Office: Telephone number : 053 9377308
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: See Home page of www.fcjbunclody.ie
Guidance and Counselling Service
FCJ Secondary School provides an extensive Guidance and Counselling service to all students. The school Guidance and Counselling service provides educational, vocational and personal guidance.
Educational Guidance: The Guidance and Counselling service provides the following service:
- Assisting first years in their transition from primary school to second level education.
- Advising students on subject choice for the Junior Certificate.
- Providing seminars on study skills and examination technique.
- Guiding students on programmes to follow at senior cycle and on subject choice at senior cycle.
- Helping students in transferring to third level and further education.
- Classes to students in third year.
- Provision of aptitude tests.
Vocational Guidance: The Guidance and Counselling service aids students in exploring their future vocational path. Guidance classes are provided to students at junior and senior cycle. The following topics are investigated:
- Choosing a career path and options available after school.
- Explaining third level application procedures.
- Career Investigation
- Organising seminars and guest speakers on career choice.
- Organising student attendance at career exhibitions and open days
- Individual appointments on future vocational paths.
Personal and Social Guidance:
Alongside the Year Head and Form Teacher, the Guidance and Counselling service helps students to develop both personally and socially. This is achieved through both classroom and individual contact.
The Guidance Counsellor may:
- Help you to explore your own feelings about your present life situation.
- Explore with you the choices open to you and explore the consequences of each choice.
- Refer you to qualified helpers outside the school system should this be necessary.
During the school year the School Guidance Counsellor may wish to see your son/daughter for individual educational, vocational, personal and social guidance.
Parents are always welcome to contact the Guidance Counsellor.