Tips for the safe use of the internet for your child.
- Hide your personal details- password, real name, family details, home address, username, mobile number, personal photographs.
- Block the sender of hurtful or nasty messages.
- Set networking sites and profiles to ‘Private‘.
- Save malicious links, texts, messages and emails.
- Never open messages or links from someone you don’t know.
- Always ask permission before revealing someone else’s details.
- Only give details to trusted friends who you know in real life.
- Change your password often.
- Follow netiquette – communication clearly – use emotions – be polite