Student Council 2016-2017
[Mentor: Ms. Mary McIvor]
1st Year Fiachra Busher, Zoe Coulahan, Aisling Healy, James Mahon
2nd Year Molly Kearns, Gavin Liu, Evan Maher, Ciarán Nolan
3rd Year Ben Devlin, Aoife Clauson, Abbie Horan, Hannah Sweeney
4th Year Niamh O’Dowd
5th year James Kearney
6th Year Jamie Cloke, Lauren Finn, Megan Maher, Katelin Murphy, Hannah O’Neill
We, the Student Council F.C.J. Bunclody 2016-2017
aim to represent fairly the views and opinions of all the student body, consult and inform students and establish links with other student bodies.
We will co-operate with each other and where possible improve the school life for students.
The school’s first Student Council was elected in November 2006. The 2015/2016 Council has 14 members.
- Each class nominates two people (1 boy & 1 girl) for the election.
- The Nominees have the opportunity to speak to their year group at an assembly.
- The P.R. system is used in the voting at the election
- The election is conducted by C.S.P.E. classes using the same procedures as those employed in national elections with ballot papers including photos of candidates, ballot boxes, quotas etc.
- Training is provided for the newly elected Council.
The students elected are expected to work with other members of the Council and in partnership with school management, staff and parents for the benefit of the school and the students. Officers are elected by the Council members and fairly shared among the year groups : three Seniors and two Juniors. Weekly meetings are held at lunchtime.
The Student Council allows students to participate more fully in school life and gives them the chance to become active citizens in their school. The Council gives students a platform – representing all the students and giving voice to their opinions and ideas.